just asking..

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
MalekElsharq

I was wondering if there is a possibelity of ordering birds from Australia..

as I don't know the law's or the formal of such things.

if you may please inlighten me, thanks..

E Orix

There is a total ban on exporting Australian Fauna therefore it is not even worth trying to.
As for the exporting of non Australian species this is allowed but it is quite difficult to do and not worth the problems
The cost of freight, special boxing and Govt, paperwork, inspections means that large numbers must be sent per shipment
and from memory most go to the USA or Canada.
My advice, don't even think about it.
MalekElsharq

damn!! it is as if I'm trying to buy drugs or some weed (might be easier) :mrgreen:

thanks for the information, and your help. I had to ask anyway, as I've already knew there is mutations which is only in Aus. thought it might worth the try..
anyhow, better to ask now rather than later.
TheFinchMan101

What mutation are you talking about?????
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The good thing is Australia is one of the worlds most disease free countries. The bad thing is the authorities make it so by going overboard with regulations. Still I guess we would grumble more if some nasty disease got in and started wiping out our livestock.
LML
LML
MalekElsharq

TheFinchMan101 wrote:What mutation are you talking about?????
it seems me asking got you upset or something, still I would love to get Charcoals or Almunia to breed, other Finch would be welcomed..

being only in Australia, gave me the hint to ask, not knowing it is restricted or banned for exporting.
but no harm in asking right :mrgreen:
MalekElsharq

finchbreeder wrote:The good thing is Australia is one of the worlds most disease free countries. The bad thing is the authorities make it so by going overboard with regulations. Still I guess we would grumble more if some nasty disease got in and started wiping out our livestock.
LML
I can feel what you mean, like 10 or 11 years ago, a guy here who had champion pigeons, never sell nor let other breeders get nothing, even going with killing which he deosn't feel worth keep, and then something just hit his farm, man it went crazy, now look at from this side it was risky and shame to lose such great stock.

hopefuly nothing happen for the Aussies, but I'd love to see birds allover the world for breeders, it would be great too see in shows when people show their great mutations.
TheFinchMan101

MalekElsharq wrote:
it seems me asking got you upset or something, still I would love to get Charcoals or Almunia to breed, other Finch would be welcomed..

being only in Australia, gave me the hint to ask, not knowing it is restricted or banned for exporting.

sorry i should have used my wording a bit better, im not upset or anything i was a little bit curious to as what birds you were talking about. :D :D
MalekElsharq

TheFinchMan101 wrote:
MalekElsharq wrote:

sorry i should have used my wording a bit better, im not upset or anything i was a little bit curious to as what birds you were talking about. :D :D
it is ok mate, I was just kidding, to me I heared a lot about Zebra Finches mutations in Australia, and thought it would be great to get some to add to the breeding collection.
but it seems laws are stricket when it comes to such birds. I'll try an easier task next time when I ask :mrgreen: :oops:
TheFinchMan101

I do have a range of zebra finch mutations like charcoal and silver and many others.

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”