Carbon tax.

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Tiaris

Perspective: Total human population growing exponentially into the future. The US & combined European economies in severe stress & likely to continue to be so for the medium term at least resulting in their heightened enthusiasm for facilitating & absorbing significant & sustained economic growth. The continued rapid industrialisation of China stands virtually alone as the sole driver of the international economy. These global scale realities continuing to be thus into the medium term future mean that we in Australia can:
- completely clad the Nullabor Plain and Simpson Desert in solar panels;
- put wind turbines on every hill, headland and meat-ant nest;
- regularly hug, kiss and make passionate love to every tree of millable girth;
- tax ourselves into oblivion and and shoot ourselves in the foot each day for the rest of our lives.
We can do all this and the resulting net decline in global carbon emissions won't amount to so much as a single solitary mouse fart. Like it or not, we (even collectively) are not nearly as significant in the overall big picture as we would like to believe. I say again, we are legends in our own bathtub.
toothlessjaws

so the consensus is that a tiny recycled birdcage made by one in 6.94 billion, is "is a great example of small-scale practical action on climate change", but a whole county taking action "won't amount to so much as a single solitary mouse fart"????

is it only me who sees the absolute contradiction in this?
Tiaris

A whole country with the comparative population size of Australia won't even come close to making a mouse fart of NET difference to the total global carbon emissions especially when its tool for addressing the whole issue simply gives a comparative advantage to all of our international competitors to take on our previous emissions and take our lost dollars with it.
Tiaris

If you think that using a recycled bird cage is going to achieve anything of consequence then I'm happy to go against concensus.
Diane

Well, I think its time to agree to disagree.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”