Cannot log in with original account details

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Finchy2

Hi

I have had to re-register because I cannot log in with my original details from a couple of years ago. When I try it says "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts" - this is after ONE log in attempt! So the maximum number of allowed log in attempts must therefore be zero. :wtf:

What's gone wrong? I would prefer to use my original account. Is there anything I can do?

Diane

Sending you an email :thumbup:
After you see the "You have exceeded the maximum attempts etc etc" there should be an option to try again with a "Captcha" code. I believe this is a security measure to stop the forum being swamped by automatic registering. This would probably account for the maximum attempts to log on being used used up too.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Diane

I will stay logged on but wont be at my desk all the time....(aviary cleaning) but I will keep checking my emails for your response so that you can get back on the forum asap. :D
You can reach my via my email just under my name (envelope icon) or by reply on the email I have sent to you.
Diane
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

same happened to me so I got a new password sent then redid it..worked then...strangely though it said I was already online???
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Diane

vettepilot_6 wrote:strangely though it said I was already online???
I get that too sometimes, I think there is a few minutes delay from someone logging off or being logged off.
Diane
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bluebutterfly213 wrote:
vettepilot_6 wrote:strangely though it said I was already online???
I get that too sometimes, I think there is a few minutes delay from someone logging off or being logged off.
No I couldnt log on.....but it said I was already online??
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
natamambo

Pilot, clear the cookies relating to AFF and you should be OK (or clear all cookies but then you lose all other sites as well).
tony thresher

vettepilot_6 wrote:same happened to me so I got a new password sent then redid it..worked then...strangely though it said I was already online???

Had the same thing happened to me dont know why.
Verdefinch

Who can help me. My e-mail does not work on here as it is old and expired and I cannot recall my password so...can anyone tell me how to change both. Usually they would e-mail a new password to your e-mail address.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Verdefinch wrote:Who can help me. My e-mail does not work on here as it is old and expired and I cannot recall my password so...can anyone tell me how to change both. Usually they would e-mail a new password to your e-mail address.
Ask Blue Butterfly to redo your account I suppose?

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”