STARTING AGAIN.

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
mick1933

Hi, I have been breeding birds all my life. I was born into a family with canaries and had finches and lovebirds. For the last 30 years I have been breeding and showing budgerigars but as an 84 YO widower with a crippled daughter to look after I find I l can no longer keep my budgerigars.d I am converting my 3 aviaries into one big aviary and I want to keep a collection of finches and some canaries. My aviary will be 4 metres long 2 metres wide and a bit over 1 metre high. I want it to end up like a fernery with a lot of birds in it or an aviary full of birds and shrubs etc something like that. From what I have seen so far there is a wealth of information on this site to help me get started. Thanks mick1933
Craig52

Hello Mick, Welcome to the Forum. You are never too old for this hobby, well done. Cheers Craig :clap: :wave:
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Mick & Welcome to the Forum :wave:
Nat&Glenn

Hi Mick
Welcome to the forum
All the best
Nat and Glenn
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum. Unusual size avairy, being shorter than it is wide. Do/will you have slides to assist in catching birds? Or do/will you have a catching/feeding station?
LML
LML
starman

WELCOME, Mick, from another second-time-arounder. You sound very experienced, but remember to research your bird/plant combinations if you want a fernery-type planted aviary, as with the wrong balance the 'fernery' may look like a desert fairly quickly. Also, some of those more attractive plants can be quite noxious. Welcome back and good luck with the new project...
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”