Nice to meet you, fellow finchers

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
FinchGirl

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)
finchbreeder wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 10:21 Welcome to the forum from another West Ausssie finch female. How many avairys do you have?
LML
Thanks finchbreeder. I have what I call my ‘2 in 1’ aviary. One side is about 3x1.2m with two small parrots, the other is about 3x2.4m with finches (only about 12 at the moment) and they are adjoined by a little corridor that acts as a a double door entry. I’m hoping to do another small one in the future, for more control over mutation breeding or managing juveniles. One can dream :angel: How about you?
Greg41 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 20:47 Hi and welcome from another West Aussie from Perth suburbs.If your address is Joondalup I think I know you.
Cheers
Greg
Hi Greg. Yes, we met at the FSWA auctions. Hopefully we will catch up at the next meeting :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your setup sounds like a good way of keeping finches and parrotts safely. I have 4 avairys of finches, they vary from 3.3 x 2.2 down to 1.5 x .75 all have safety doors. And I need to do a sort and cull soon because some have been breeding rather well recently. One of the advantages/disadvantages of an interest in Zeb genetics.
LML
LML
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Finchgirl & Welcome to the forum :wave:
mickenglish

Good to see another new face, I'm in Canberra and am still finishing off my aviary. In the true spirit of CBTH (cart before the horse), I have 3 Gouldians and 2 Star finches in a temporary cage waiting for me to finish their new abode. I also have a pair of Zebs being delivered by a friend next weekend who is going to assist and advise me in setting up the aviary. I will sort of miss the finches when they move into the aviary. At present they have ownership of one end of our dining table while awaiting their new lodgings. Their cheery twittering is addictive, engaging little critters aren't they? I cover their cage with a towel when we share the table with them and that works like a charm--no panicky fluttering and I like the idea that they are becoming habituated to human proximity.
Anyway, welcome from a fellow newbie!
FinchGirl

finchbreeder it sounds like you are definitely doing something right to have such success - well done! It’s great to see all your hard work bring its reward. Agreed, safety doors are definitely a must!

Thanks finches247 :wave:

Hi mickenglish - how exciting that you are starting your foray into finches. The addiction will set in quick enough :thumbup: As mentioned above, I would definitely recommend a safety door, it will save you many times over as those Stars especially are quick! I always enjoy having the finches in the house too (new birds in quarantine) as they are certainly entertaining and cheeky. The Gouldians tend to be quite curious, accomodating souls and can get quite friendly with people. One of my hens comes and pulls out single strands of hair for her nest if I stand still too long. Such character in 20g. I’m sure we’ll come across each other around the forums - would love to see photos as your build progresses. Best of luck :)
eddierobinson

Welcome to the forum :) :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”