Hello from north qld

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
gumlu goulds

Hi all.
I am new to AFF am pleased to see so many lovers of these little fellows

I have 1 pair of goulds with chicks in the nest that are about 19 - 20 days old. I bought these bird from a pet shop the lady there said i wont be able to breed them in the cage i have but i put in a small nest box and fed good food and here we are. Apart from reading a few sites about goulds really have no clue. I will post a pic of them anyone info on what colours to expect would be great. Also i am feeding pet shop seed with added canary seed. Sprouted pet shop mix daily
Calcivet in water every 2md day
And mutivet sprinkled on sprout every 2nd day
Cos lettus daily
Hope im doing the right thing am looking forward to a long happy hobby

Happy days GG
Craig52

Welcome to the Forum GG, you now have full access. You have done very well if you have young already so you must be doing the right things. Enjoy the Forum and your birds. Craig :wave:
Finchnut

Welcome to the forum, in got my first pair of Red Face Gouldian about two weeks ago and they are sitting on eggs, the male started carrying grass on there first day in the aviary, I though Zebs were quick.
Enjoy your new hobby, looking forward in seeing a few photos.
gumlu goulds

Wow on their first day thats awsome. I am trying to upload pic but because I only got android phone is hard to resize pic to 480x640. Going to upload a pic now but it looks a bit off cause of resizing. Will keep playing till i work it out.

Would love to see pics of red faces please

GG :thumbup: :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gumlu goulds

Thank you craig for your warm welcome :thumbup:
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi & Welcome to the Forum :wave:
gumlu goulds

Hey i know prob not the place to post just come home and there is ants in the nest and 1 dead baby out of 2 the 1 that is alive looks ok just ands everywhere . Have no idea what to do should i take out of mest amd hand feed or leave him or her where it is have not heard the usal afternoon feed time noises

Plan??

Also can i hand feed with egg and biscuit
Craig52

gumlu goulds wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 18:12 Hey i know prob not the place to post just come home and there is ants in the nest and 1 dead baby out of 2 the 1 that is alive looks ok just ands everywhere . Have no idea what to do should i take out of mest amd hand feed or leave him or her where it is have not heard the usal afternoon feed time noises

Plan??

Also can i hand feed with egg and biscuit
If i were you i would take the nest and clean it out or make sure no ants are left in it and put it back. Spray with a residual spray around the general area around the nest but not in the nest and see if they go back in and feed. It is a major job and time consuming hand feeding baby finches.
If you lose the young one put it down to experience as the parent birds will go back to nest as they usually have 3 clutches a season, use the experience for the next clutch concerning the ants. Hope all goes well. Craig

Ps Our pic size is now 600 x 800 mp's
gumlu goulds

Thanks craig. Have .done what you said
Put a little poultry powder under new nest material
Have leaned alot today better nest possibly on outside of avairy is.one lesson. Chicks crop was full and.hes nice and warm so good.signs.
Hope it survives as my young daughter is the.main care giver and will be sad if not like u said there is always next time

Cheers
GG
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both your birds are Redheads so baby probably will be too, but they might be carrying a recessive gene or two so not 100%
How big is the cage they are in? Welcome to the forum.
LML
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”