Moving Zebra Finches

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
Jane604sail

Hi my Husband has been unwell and we are down sizing our home and naturally we will move his Finches with us.
So I have joined this group with the hope of learning a little more.
I got abit of a shock as he is telling me we have about 40 to re-locate and because of his being disabled I was thinking that I would like to see if it was possible to get aviaries on wheels on our patio or indeed what sized Aviary I would need for them.
I would kind of like to make sure we don't have any more so no babies are being disturbed.
Looking forward to some advice on how to handle this.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I suspect my Hubby does not know how many finches I have, so I can relate. And I have rather more than 40. :silent: For that many you are going to need more room than any wheeled avairy I have seen will house. If you do not want to disturb breeding, suggest 2 avairys, one each for the boys and girls. Do you know where you are going, and the space you will have available? If so, possibly best to get pre-made avairys with wire floors that you can transport on a trailor one at a time, and then peg down solidly when you get them there. Good luck.
LML
LML
Nat&Glenn

Hi Jane604sail
Welcome to the Forum
Hope all goes well with your move and your Zeb's
All the Best
Nat & Glenn
starman

Jane,
I think that 40 finches in a patio-style aviary will prove to be problematic for both the birds and the bird keeper(s).
Considerations are:
How much space will be available for the enclosure?
What are the species... and number of each type? Compatibility can be an issue with over-crowding.
Can the number of birds be reduced? If the birds breed, numbers can get out of control very quickly.
Cleaning.... 40 finches could be quite messy on a patio. Could you keep the bulk of the birds elsewhere and have a small selection on the patio for your husband's enjoyment?
.....not being purposely negative, ..... just trying to simplify your options.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”