Introducing myself

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
MelD

Hi, my name is Mel. I am here to learn more about the birds we currently keep and breed.

I love king quail, find they are my specialty.. I have built 4 Enclosures by myself from Bunnings shelving to house my quails in 12 seperate Enclosures. I house one pair in each enclosure. I currently have 9 pairs along with 9 chicks 🐥 i let my Quail incubate their own eggs as each time I've tried, I've failed miserably! My birds are fed on a a variety of foods. Game bird starter, seed, millet, shell Grit, mixed fine cut up green leafy veg, bugs and Meal Worms. Each bird get wormed at 5 weeks old, then every 6 months. I add Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to their water every 4-6 weeks and change their water and foods over every few days.

Our other birds we have are: Charlie the Corella (unsexed), 5 cockatiels - 1 lives inside with us and growls and barks like our little chihuahua, 3 orange shouldered parrots, 2 budgies, 2 ringnecks currently on the box and 2 scaley lorikeets. We also have 2 dogs and 4 chooks.

I'd love to get some finches, but that won't be for a while 🤗

Thanks for reading
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mel
King Quail Breeder
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the forum.
Nat&Glenn

Hi MelD
Welcome to the forum
Nat and Glenn
D0NKEY

Hi and welcome to the forum
peterrebecca

Welcome to the forum Mel
starman

WELCOME to the AFF, Mel....those are nifty Strata Title enclosures. I bought three to house my exotic seed barrels and supplements... couldn't believe how long they take to assemble. Enjoy the forum and your birds.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum. What colour Quail do you have? I keep mine in the avairys in anything from pairs to 1 cock with a harem of 3. Mine are extremely quiet and walk arround my feet like mini chooks.
LML
LML
MelD

finchbreeder wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 17:04 Welcome to the forum. What colour Quail do you have? I keep mine in the avairys in anything from pairs to 1 cock with a harem of 3. Mine are extremely quiet and walk arround my feet like mini chooks.
LML
Here's my pairs 🙂 In my enclosure #6 I have 3 silver cinnamons enclosure #7 I have a cinnamon, brown and a white and enclosure #8 3 wild Type brown boys that I've hatched 28/07 and 13/08. We are getting another aviary soon so I can ultimately have more quail 😂 And get some new birds 😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mel
King Quail Breeder
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love the white and the brown and white (think they are called Tuxedo's) I have Cinamons in multiple shades from almost red to a similar shade to your enclosure one girl, Silver, and normals like your pair two and ten (which aren't cause they are split to cinamon or silver or both) Have had pied, but failed to get them to reproduce the gene. How do you sex the whites? Is it just by observation, or up close can you see a difference?
LML
LML
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Mel & Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”