Hi

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
kleintjie

Yes, we bought two males or so they said. The vet said it's really difficult to identify the sex. I'm still learning everything, when you say seeding grasses is it literally any grass that produce seeds?
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The vet said it's really difficult to identify the sex.
The vet is incorrect. Gouldians (with the exception of a couple of colour mutations) are among the easiest finches to visually sex. Males are significantly brighter than females. Females are more pastel-coloured.
yellow.jpg
when you say seeding grasses is it literally any grass that produce seeds?
Stick to native grasses. When in doubt, plant some of your bird seed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you only have one sex nests are completely unnecessary as they are not a nest roosting species. Just have a warm well protected corner out of any breezes for them to roost in.
LML
LML
garyh

Hi,my brother lives in Townsville and breeds gouldians,sells some at the grain store ,apparently there is an abundance off guinea grass up there that goulds love ,give it a go birds will love you for it,garyh
mr skeeter

hey gaza there is a lot of guinea grass growing but not yet ready I'm told. the young pied cordons looked great along with the cinnamon gouldins there is some nice birds amongst them young ones lots to chose from. great breeding gaz cheers mick
garyh

Bit off topic but thanks for the info on the grass and thanks for the praise on the birds Mick,heard your pied cordons are very good,cheers garyh
kleintjie

Okay, so I couldn't view the pictures before. I'm positive that we have two females! Awesome can't wait to get my hands onto some guinea grass.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”