Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
Redparrotfinch

Hello fellow finch lovers,

By way of introduction, I built my finch aviary in 2009 and stocked it with a pair of Star finches and Red Parrot finches. They bred up to a small colony and over the past couple of years and in particular this year they have all slowly died due to age. The ones that I kept over time were between 7 and 9 years old.

I am left with one Star finch (9 years old) and I now plan to renovate the aviary and restock it in Spring. However, I am not sure whether to leave the sole Star finch by itself and with the weather turning cold, I am not sure whether that I want to buy any new birds before Spring.

So, I am now looking for ideas for the aviary and secretly I would like to keep Gouldian finches, but I live in the Outer East of Melbourne so I am not sure that this is a good idea!

I look forward to reading other posts and looking at photos of aviaries for ideas.

Angus
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum. Be nice to your old feathered friend and get it some friends of it's own sort from a local breeder with aclimitised birds. Then you can leave the Gouldians till Spring. Enjoy.
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the forum. There's many photos of aviaries in the member photos section, and we always love to see more :)
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Angus & Welcome to the Forum :wave:
garyh

Hi Angus,im in montrose ,10 minutes up the road,i have bred ,obs,plumb heads,cordons ,yellow siskins,diamonds,yellow rumps,ruddies,strawberries,longtails and more ,so you can aim at most finches to try and breed,gouldians breed easy,i have normals,blues and cinnamons ,but if your going to get goulds then i would wait until December so you get young birds colouring uphope this helps,cheers garyh

Return to “Introduce Yourself”