New from ... Spain!

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
Grautier

Hi All,
first of all I must apologize for my rather bad english, second for the typo errors as I am writing from a phone. Hope to get a new pc in order to write with a decent keyboard and be able to upload pics.

Of course I found this forum ehile trying to get some advice on my plum headed. European finch forum (s?) are not very busy at the moment, to tell the least...

I've made an outdoor aviary, about 5m long, 2m wide and +- 2.2m high. Half of it roofed (?) With old windows, floor 2/3 concrete covered with pebbles and 1/3 soil, planted. 5 months old now.

I've one pair of gouldian, one pair of plum headed and one bichenov. And four quails.

Thats it for the moment!
Grautier

Already found a very usefull advice: I just prepared my first compost-bin-fly-trap! As the compost houses plenty little flying critters, the local chiffchaffs adore it!, I'll place the 1l yoghurt bucket near to it filled with ripe banana peelings and hopefully in a few days the birds will benefit from it ... If they want to. They never accepted any greens, I have to hide the peas into the soft egg food. But at least the quails hunt ants.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi and welcome to Aussie Finch Forum :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum. Nice roomy avairy. You may find the finches go for seeding grasses more than peas. It is worth persisting with greens particularly if they look like nesting as they chicks will then learn to eat greens right from the start and be healthier for it.
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”