2015 Gouldian Breeding Season... Any Starters Yet?

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
garyh

Werty ,not once have you said that you are going to tell the buyers they are possibly split to everything,this is why i thank you ,people like you make it very easy for me to sell my birds into NSW,inquiries this week to purchase pure blue birds and know the parentage has been great :D ,people dont mind paying the extra freight for the right birds,garyh
E Orix

From my point of view; we as a group can't get away from splits and possible splits.
All I ask is to tell possible buyers that there are possible split birds there, it's then their choice.
Our stocks of normal pure birds are diminishing, just show the same respect to those
who prefer pure normal strains as you expect as mutation breeders.
If we were all the same it would be a very boring world.
gouldianpaul

werty wrote:What will I do with 80 possible splits

Well the last time I checked splits are worth twice as much as normals

So I'll be selling all my possible 80 splits for twice as much as a normal

This is how it will work, buyers will see my birds in the aviary, they will notice the yellows and blues I have produced and go crazy, I will make a killing this year

Thank you split gouldians :clap:
I think Werty is the clone of wild bill....another money grabbing Gouldian breeder who doesn't understand the bird or the mutations but only sees the $$$.

A BIRD SHOULD ONLY BE SOLD AS A SPLIT IF IT IS PRODUCED FROM A COLORED BIRD, NOT FROM 2 SPLITS!!!!!. Werty you should learn a little more about mutations before you sell your birds

I would hope that if you advertised your possible splits as splits on the AFF that the moderators removed your add due to this dishonest conduct.

Like Gary I also thank people like you, because once a buyer is burnt by people selling possible splits as splits and potentially waste another breeding season they seek more honest breeders for their next purchase. This is why us Melbourne Blue breeders have sold so many mutation birds to NSW, WA, SA and Tasmania over the past few years.

Keep up the good work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,
Paul
Craig52

This thread makes for some great reading of some very good information from those in the know of gouldian mutations but you can't please everyone with your comments,it's just human nature so keep it civil guys.

Craig
elferoz777

With the advertising campaign you have ran for yourself on here you will be lucky to sell a bird. Most of us on here are club members, attend sales and troll gum tree and pet link. Word will get out.

Top dollar for your possible split should be 40 a pair. Some ppl would be happy to buy possible splits and take the gamble on what may come out. Honesty will sell them for you.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
werty

elferoz777 wrote:With the advertising campaign you have ran for yourself on here you will be lucky to sell a bird. Most of us on here are club members, attend sales and troll gum tree and pet link. Word will get out.

Top dollar for your possible split should be 40 a pair. Some ppl would be happy to buy possible splits and take the gamble on what may come out. Honesty will sell them for you.
I moved 300+ zebras last year, 100 in less than 2 weeks

Plus I sold my normal green gould chicks for $100 each last year

Don't worry about my sales, been selling birds for over 20 years, never needed to be a club member
Painted4

werty wrote:
elferoz777 wrote:With the advertising campaign you have ran for yourself on here you will be lucky to sell a bird. Most of us on here are club members, attend sales and troll gum tree and pet link. Word will get out.

I moved 300+ zebras last year, 100 in less than 2 weeks

Plus I sold my normal green gould chicks for $100 each last year

Don't worry about my sales, been selling birds for over 20 years, never needed to be a club member
Just for curiosity's sake, how much did you sell your zebras for?
Mr Tino

Hay werty were are so call you breed over 100 Gouldian and now you have only 80 hell of a drop mate,just trying to get my head around most of your saying bud.

Cheer from Mr Tino
werty

I never labelled my gouldians splits, it was other users on here calling them splits

I only said that I produced a few yellows and blues

I will be selling all my normal green chicks as normal green birds

I will let all buyers know the full history of my goulds in my aviary

that being said, I will sell my goulds for top dollar
werty

how am I a wildbill clone?

it was all about the money, why would I still breed zebras?

I have put a lot of hard work into these birds, im not giving them away for nothing

Return to “Breeding Finches”