Newby, keeping/breeding finch's in sub zero temps.

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
metaltrades01

Craig52 wrote:
Mine is used on its own but unfortunately if you have steel :thumbdown: you will have to nog out with timber to fix it as i have 40x40mm pine studs. The solar weave is UV treated and lasts 30 plus years or longer. It has been fixed with a pneumatic flat stapler and is tight as a drum and very easy to keep clean. Craig[/quote]

I have spoken to Solar Weave and they are sending me a sample. Yes with a name like metaltrades it will be a steel avairy :)

It might be an option If it was held with washers under the heads self drilling screws- I'll try with the sample.

Is each of your aviaries completely separated with Solar Weave.? And is it attached to boths side of the timber frame to
a build up on bird poo.
or is their wire towards the front of the devider as well.? And what made you choose it over say zincalume (maybe it is cheaper).

I plan on building the steel frame so it can be "flat packed" yes it's a lot more steel, but if we should ever move, the avairy can be easily taken with us.

Making wooden frame dividers wouldn't be a major issue (and I own a pneumatic stapler) and bolting them to the steel frame.
Craig52

metaltrades01 wrote:
Craig52 wrote:
Mine is used on its own but unfortunately if you have steel :thumbdown: you will have to nog out with timber to fix it as i have 40x40mm pine studs. The solar weave is UV treated and lasts 30 plus years or longer. It has been fixed with a pneumatic flat stapler and is tight as a drum and very easy to keep clean. Craig

I have spoken to Solar Weave and they are sending me a sample. Yes with a name like metaltrades it will be a steel avairy :)

It might be an option If it was held with washers under the heads self drilling screws- I'll try with the sample.

Is each of your aviaries completely separated with Solar Weave.? And is it attached to boths side of the timber frame to
a build up on bird poo.
or is their wire towards the front of the devider as well.? And what made you choose it over say zincalume (maybe it is cheaper).

I plan on building the steel frame so it can be "flat packed" yes it's a lot more steel, but if we should ever move, the avairy can be easily taken with us.

Making wooden frame dividers wouldn't be a major issue (and I own a pneumatic stapler) and bolting them to the steel frame.[/quote]
Yes it is on both sides so very easy to keep clean. It's nogged out at 450 from the floor for cement sheet,the solar weave goes on first then the cement sheet covers the excess solar weave. It runs from the back to the front of the aviary,still lets the light into adjoining aviaries. The roof is fully covered with corri with the last front sheet being lazer lite. Craig

Return to “Breeding Finches”