Yellow Siskin x Goldfinch mule project

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Totally agree with Tiaris and E.Orix.....if people think its okay then a few more will try and so on and so forth...whether he sells them or not...people will hear about their "singing" (still doubt them being better then a canary IMO) and will want one? what then...more special need hybrids? (shakes head in dismay) :thumbdown: and is it sterile? always a chance it wont be....and as is constantly pointed out we cant get any more save the released Gold and Green finches.... look what happened to the mutated parrots everyone wants one...now try and get a pure normal anything in a parrot... sorry IMO its not worth the risk with our finches in Australia.... :silent: :thumbdown:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
E Orix

I have made my position clear so I will close off but every one is entitled to have an opinion and say.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From my personal experience I believe they are better singers. But would I go looking for one as a singer? No. Because experience has also taught me that if you get 10 different birds of the same type (unless they are bred in the same location, so learnt from the same singer) they will all sing a little different, so you may get a dud singer. This is why some European roller canary breeders pay a fortune for a "teacher" bird. PS If you want a bird that has a beautiful song you can not go past the Java Finch or the Cuban Finch. Very different but very beautiful songs.
LML
LML
elferoz777

https://youtu.be/6vhJXTzakJY

Any ideas as to what it resembles? I see both in this one.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Budgie_Smugglers

Yup...I had a singer who wouldn't make a peep for one and a half years. Nobody would believe me till they saw it for their own eyes !
I shy’d away from them till i eventually saw another singing his lungs out non stop !

I've also seen the same situation with mules !
Animals have different personalities just like us ! :geek:
Craig52

elferoz777 wrote:https://youtu.be/6vhJXTzakJY

Any ideas as to what it resembles? I see both in this one.
To me it looks very similar to a young goldfinch by the wings, compare to Branches pic of a goldfinch youngen. Craig
elferoz777

Updated mule pics

The underside and head look like a yellow siskin hen or young make and the back looks more like a goldfinch. Hopefully it develops a red mask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
holtz

I seen the you tube pix,I think it's a non event and hope to hell it's sterile.You've been there done that now get back to basics, we all experience bad years I've had 4 nests this year of Siskins tossing young bad luck you just keep trying.As mentioned in this thread NO NEW BLOOD WILL EVER BE AVAILABLE. I hate the fact that I am trying to get new bloodlines I have travelled far and wide to get different lines,and to me this seems very sad for any new breeders to take notice of. Holtz
elferoz777

This young male has started the moult in proper.

He has developed a goldfinch song with the frequency of the siskin which is what I wanted from him.

Starting to look like a goldfinch with yellow on the chest and head.

Have been feeding dandelion to get the colour through faster and stronger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
E Orix

It is good it has moulted out distinct from it's parents, now lets hope it is infertile.

Return to “Breeding Finches”