Gouldians breast colour

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was wondering if this was a split Aussie yellow. I have always believed that they should truly have been called Aussie pieds. As the way they colour seems more akin to pied than euro yellow. But hey the breeder gets naming rights, so their call.
LML
LML
Finchy

How interesting! I've not seen one like that before in the 9 or so years I've been breeding Gouldians.

Right now I have a DF Pastel male who for the past two years has had a pure white chest, but this year decided to moult into a pastel peachy-lilac one! No idea what's going on there, and never seen that colour before. Some mysterious epigenetic effect, perhaps.
garyh

Hi Finchy,this bird will probably be a lilac breasted ,very common,so how do you find breeding the blues ,cheers garyh
the diver

Would have to agree with Garyh`s comments. I purchased a white breasted cock earlier this year and it has now moulted to lilac breasted.
Geoff
POLAR GOULDIANS

Hi Davo,

I have an Australian Yellow cockbird who has a half white, half mottled purple chest.
The purple was never as strong and clear as yours.
He has just been through his 3rd moult and it has faded a little, but is still very visible.

I tried to get some photos this arvo, but he refuses to sit front on and still.
Thank god for digital cameras, it would have taken 10 rolls of film to get a half decent photo the old way.
I will try again in the next couple of days.
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Breeding Finches”