orange breast x ruddy

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
elferoz777

Wow looks great. The red us really strong.

even more impressive is your ability to evade even the slightest bit of criticism from anyone on here...wow not pot shotting at you as this was an accident though i am thoroughly confused at the amount of flack my infertile cross to be has copped.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
escapin

Hey elf..

Yes the colours are pretty cool. I thought it would turn out ugly but the chest is awesome.

All parts of our finchy world should be shown without anyone putting in their useless opinion, nobody benefits from it. (oops I just had an opinion about opinions) :lolno:
Craig52

Yes i agree and this was accidental. At a glance definitely orange breast/ruddy otherwise black would in the belly though the back of the head shot shows crimson cheek patches but not crimson. :thumbup: Craig

Ooowps and pied wings Gone :silent:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Even though i disaprove in principal. As i said it could have happened to a lot of people on here, if they had just had very determined finches like you did. But wow he is a beautiful little finch.
LML
LML
toothlessjaws

Wow! i am truly amazed at that hybrid. As Tiaris said, Ruddies and OB's are tow of aviculture's most common aviary-mates, yet we never hear of them crossing. in fact technically they shouldn't, being different genus' and all. But I agree, he's a beautiful bird! the red head fading to orange breast is brilliant. I'd hold onto him without a hint of shame.

It always amazes me how many people claim to have seen hybrids that technically shouldn't work. species of the same genus is of no surprise but i usually find doubtful those of not-closely related species such as what you have produced here. The really far fetched stories are those that claim to cross tanagers (cubans, jacarinis, saffrons, red-crested's) to true finches. Bah!
AMCA26

Looks like it has Pied on the top of the head. That's where I get mainly the Pied on my Orange Breast.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
escapin

yeh it's a little bit pied on its head, I have a pied ruddy female which is probably the mummy
angus

Just wondering how the ruddy x is going. cheers
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably is a hybrid. .but has anyone considered it maybe a mutation? Separate parents and siblings and try again for a few times just to be sure it positively is a hybrid :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
arthur

Nil to Buckley's chance of being mutation . . IMO

Below is a great bit of bed-time reading, for anybody interested in avian hybrids . . 6 or 7 hundred pages of gripping reading . .

But if you confine yourself to 'finch hybrids', and tackle bite-sized pieces . . . . . . . . :crazy:

The reported O-B x F-Finch hybrid is listed as 'unreliable' . . but the pix on this thread confirm it without doubt

http://www.spinus.info/Images/books/AH743697479746.pdf

Return to “Breeding Finches”