TCPF with lump on its head

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
Trigger

Hi, I had one of a clutch of TCPF's recently develop a lump/growth on its head (just at the top of the beak between the eyes). The parents a good and unrelated birds. Rest of the clutch fine. Assuming it was an abnormality I (reluctantly) chose to euthanise this particular finch. The same thing occurred in the next clutch with one developing a similar lump. Only I watched thus clutch carefully each day from hatching. When fledged no sign of the lump. The silly things are terrible flyers when young and bang (hard) into the wire (6.5mm) and this particular finch developed a bloody wound from the crash into the wire. I believe it was a wound from a crash that has healed badly into a lump. Do others think that this is likely or have experienced similar? Will the lump go away eventually? - it certainly looks more than a simple scab. I appreciate your response.
The birds feast on Lebanese cucumber while the rest of us have to settle for the continental variety...says it all really!
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would say thats a possibility...and if it didnt go away after a period of time I wouldnt think it contagious...try putting brush or hession in front of wire to help slow them down till they find their way.... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
E Orix

Could be a Mozzy bite!!

Return to “Breeding Finches”