Orange breasts removing leg rings

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
Krebsj

Hello everyone
Can any one tell me where I can get leg rings for my orange breasts that wont be removed by the orange breasts. Name and contact details would be appreciated.
thanks James
Rod_L

I cant help with specific shops but any bird shop should be able to order some in for you. Alternatively contact the finch society in your state and see if they can get you some. :)
death to all cats & ants
starman

Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
branchez

Give Lentra Direct a buzz,good quality rings made in Belgium.The size for OB's are SP1
Jack
hanabi

I've ordered from Avian ID in the UK several times now and am happy with their service and the quality of their rings. Price is ok too.

https://www.avianid.co.uk/

For my African species including Gold-Breasts I use their aluminium closed rings ("Coloured Small Rings") in the "A – 2.16mm" size:

https://www.avianid.co.uk/aluminium-small-rings

You can enter your initials and the sequential start number when ordering.
CathyCraftz

You can find them on sale on almost all online stores, like Ebay. If you don't want ones that are too expensive, you can search on Gumtree, but I don't use leg bands as I have two zebra hens and have no intention of breeding them either, because it means that I have to get a bigger cage.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CathyCraftz wrote: 15 May 2018, 18:07 You can find them on sale on almost all online stores, like Ebay. If you don't want ones that are too expensive, you can search on Gumtree, but I don't use leg bands as I have two zebra hens and have no intention of breeding them either, because it means that I have to get a bigger cage.
There is a reason why they are cheap. ..rings are far too thick whereas quality ones are much thinner in the walls..😉 less chance of ring catching on something imo 😉
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
hanabi

CathyCraftz wrote: 15 May 2018, 18:07 You can find them on sale on almost all online stores, like Ebay.
Can you even purchase ring sizes of around 2.0mm on eBay? The smallest I have seen is 2.5mm and that is too big for many of the smaller African species like Gold-Breasts if you are banding when the chicks are around 10 days old.
CathyCraftz

hanabi I am not sure as I have never used leg bands before.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
branchez

hanabi wrote: 15 May 2018, 20:03
CathyCraftz wrote: 15 May 2018, 18:07 You can find them on sale on almost all online stores, like Ebay.
Can you even purchase ring sizes of around 2.0mm on eBay? The smallest I have seen is 2.5mm and that is too big for many of the smaller African species like Gold-Breasts if you are banding when the chicks are around 10 days old.
As I have posted,Lentra Direct have these rings 2.0 are SP1,
Jack

Return to “Breeding Finches”