When do people separate babies

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
arthur

"a retired man may be deemed lazy if he spends more collective time on his hobbies, sport and leisure than he spends on daily household chores, house/garden/yard maintenance, and other wife-sanctioned appeasements."
MG 2.jpg
All advice is of a general nature and is not to be regarded as applying to specific cases :silent:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
starman

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions, Rod.

A few months ago I paved an area large enough for two aviaries, sat them on 200mm deep plinths filled with river sand and landscaped around them with plants and shrubs to improve their aesthetical appearance from the house. The relocation has made them less obtrusive, better sheltered from the elements and has been haled a success by all who are interested enough to comment. I can now sweep up escaped seed before it gets into the lawn and garden, do the feeding and watering without getting rained upon and keep an eye on the birds from my shed. In short it was a lot of work but worth it.
I have been considering keeping fewer species for a while now, so will have to decide on which ones to persist with, not just to simplify my procedures and cut down the time of my daily routine, but also to make life more bearable for temporary birdsitters when I am away.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
starman

arthur wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 16:38 All advice is of a general nature and is not to be regarded as applying to specific cases :silent:
I have changed my password ... she'll never see this post. :shh:
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bad Arthur. :shock: But as a lady finchkeeper, I can not understand anyone who does not think avairys with finches in are much better than lawns that need mowing. ;-) Now if I could just convince hubby that avairys are better than garage/workshops.
LML
LML
arthur

Have you tried throwing rocks at him . . ? :silent:
Finch Whisperer

I Have bred lots of species of finch, I try to separate them at 3 weeks out of the nest . By then the Pairs are usually sitting or perhaps just about to hatch their next clutch. Cubans I don't keep anymore but I used to separate them at 2 weeks. King Quail I separate when The hen starts to sit.

Return to “Breeding Finches”