Baycox

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
davlee

Is it worth giving to finches as a 'just in case' ? If so, would three monthly along with Moxi plus be a good idea.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you take antibiotics just in case?
LML
LML
Craig52

The title is Baycox for coccidiosis not Moxi. If your aviaries are continuously wet then Baycox can be used probably every six months BUT it would be more appropriate if you get a sick bird and treat accordingly with it. Most finches carry cocci but it increases with contact with wet floors and stress. The dose is 3ml/ltr of water and fed for three days.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All it says at the top of my page is Bacox - no mention of coccidiosis. Or i would not have said what I did.
Excellent advise Craig.
And I would suggest looking at a way to keep your avairy floors dry. Like covering more of your roof, or if the moisture is coming from the sides, then the walls need a removable cover.
LML
LML
mr skeeter

Gday Davlee there are many very good finch breeders who do just that worm - and Baycox there birds every 3 months. if your aviaries are covered and you don't feed live food then you would have much less chance of your birds getting worms i would imagine. Coccidiosis is most likely to to be picked up from stress, and wet weather. cheers pal
Craig52

I will add, that Baycox is for coccidiosis a viral infection not worms of which moxi is and both drugs can be mixed to treat both in one litre of water. The dose for moxidectin is 6ml/litre water.

Return to “Finch Health”