Worming Finches

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Craig52

Hi Lyn,can you tell me why you are so desperate to worm your birds,do they look sick,are they off their food?.
If your birds are breeding as well as you say they are,there is no need to pump them full of medications so sit back and let them do what comes naturally.Craig
Diane

lyn2233 wrote:Thanks for the replies, Mick where do you buy the Moxidectin from, when I have gone to buy worm medicine I was sold the Worm Enda Plus. As I have 3 lots of stars with young or sitting on eggs I will have to remove them to a cage and worm them as they keep building nests and having young. :)
I wouldnt be moving any birds with eggs or young, you are likely to end up with deserted nests.
Why not just wait till the last lot of young stars are weaned and feeding on their own then worm if needed.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
lyn2233

Hi, I have not wormed the birds for about 5 months and because I have been reading alot about worming every 3 months. My aviary is 10 metres, 3 metres is not under cover and has dirt with plants and trees growing. I put Euccy bark down from Bunnings but if it rains alot the ground in that area stays a bit wet and have been reading about diseases they can get. I am fussy with hygiene and clean the aviary on a regular basics but I was worried I am not worming them enough.

Thanks for all your replies and advice. :)
SamDavis

Lyn, you can buy Moxidectin+ through gomer on this forum (go to Merchandise on the main page) or mail order from Aus. Pigeon Company (Dr Colin Walker) or at most finch club meetings.
lyn2233

Thanks Sam, I am going to get in touch with the Aust. Pigeon Club. :)
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lyn2233 wrote:Hi, I have not wormed the birds for about 5 months and because I have been reading alot about worming every 3 months. My aviary is 10 metres, 3 metres is not under cover and has dirt with plants and trees growing. I put Euccy bark down from Bunnings but if it rains alot the ground in that area stays a bit wet and have been reading about diseases they can get. I am fussy with hygiene and clean the aviary on a regular basics but I was worried I am not worming them enough.

Thanks for all your replies and advice. :)
I would be more worried about Coccidious if ground stays wet..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Finch Health”