White marks on beak

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Jenk

Hi All,

My orange breast hen has developed some white marks on her beak in the last couple of days, can anyone advise what it might be (see photo) would it have anything to do with having young in the nest... feeding them maybe?
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jenk
Craig52

Hi Jenk,i have enlarged that and turn it around the right way but it is too out of focus,can you get a head shot only.If you have to catch her up,see if it will wipe off it looks like the white of a bird dropping to me. Cheers Craig
Jenk

Craig52 wrote:Hi Jenk,i have enlarged that and turn it around the right way but it is too out of focus,can you get a head shot only.If you have to catch her up,see if it will wipe off it looks like the white of a bird dropping to me. Cheers Craig
Hi Craig,

I thought it might be poop too but it's been there for 3-4 days now and she's been bathing regularly. I'll try for a closer photo but I don't want to disturb her too much given she's rearing nestlings right now, could it be some kind of beak disease?
Jenk
Craig52

Jenk wrote:
Craig52 wrote:Hi Jenk,i have enlarged that and turn it around the right way but it is too out of focus,can you get a head shot only.If you have to catch her up,see if it will wipe off it looks like the white of a bird dropping to me. Cheers Craig
Hi Craig,

I thought it might be poop too but it's been there for 3-4 days now and she's been bathing regularly. I'll try for a closer photo but I don't want to disturb her too much given she's rearing nestlings right now, could it be some kind of beak disease?
I have seen painteds with a patch like that but no where near as white,a more yellowish colour.This turned out to be scaley mite and was treated with moxydecton mixed with a little amount of vegie oil which is supposed to sufficate the mites. Cheers Craig
Jenk

Craig52 wrote:
Jenk wrote:
Hi Craig,

I have seen painteds with a patch like that but no where near as white,a more yellowish colour.This turned out to be scaley mite and was treated with moxydecton mixed with a little amount of vegie oil which is supposed to sufficate the mites. Cheers Craig
Hi Craig,

The white spot disappeared a couple of days ago maybe it was just poop? Thanks for you help.
Jenk

Return to “Finch Health”