Where to get ivemectin?

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
flap

Hi all, I am not on the forum much any more as we don't have finches, only some budgies now and a pair of purple crowns. Hubby thinks one of our budgies might have scaly face mites. He and his mate have just had a clutch of babies so not sure about treating him just yet as we don't want the hen to stop sitting.
it sounds like ivemectin is the way to treat it. Where is the best place to get some? I am in Perth.
Thanks.

Flap
flaP
Craig52

G'day Flap,can you get moxidecton,will do the same thing or paint the area with a non toxic oil like vegi oil or codliver oil or buy the product for scaley mite from a pet shop. Craig
Stu

Avimec (Vetafarm) is Ivermectin and is packaged as Scaley Face Mite treatment.
I used it recently for Scaley mite on the feet (new bird).
All new birds get an on the thigh treatment of Avimec while quarantined as an ASM treatment.
flap

thanks for the replies, will look into the products mentioned. If they didn't have young chicks I would go for the non toxic option but I want the least intrusive option to minimise disruption, so a one off treatment is probably best for now. And then later will treat the hen and the chicks.
Cheers,
Flap
flaP
gomer

We sell it here for $18 for 250 ml moxidectin (straight) has a long expire date.postage would be $8 for it.just use a cotton bud and paint it on.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
iva

I bought some from my local Vet, she made me 1% solution.
flap

Good to know, will try our vet. Thanks.
flaP
panthersteve

gomer wrote:We sell it here for $18 for 250 ml moxidectin (straight) has a long expire date.postage would be $8 for it.just use a cotton bud and paint it on.
In the Moxidectin thread it seems that the expiry date is 11/14, I was thinking about getting some but thought this was too close to the expiry (3 months). Am I right in thinking that it is too close to expiring or is this considered a long time :?: , or does the stocks you hold have a later date :?:

Cheers
Steve
gomer

panthersteve wrote:
gomer wrote:We sell it here for $18 for 250 ml moxidectin (straight) has a long expire date.postage would be $8 for it.just use a cotton bud and paint it on.
In the Moxidectin thread it seems that the expiry date is 11/14, I was thinking about getting some but thought this was too close to the expiry (3 months). Am I right in thinking that it is too close to expiring or is this considered a long time :?: , or does the stocks you hold have a later date :?:

Cheers
Steve
Thats the last lot I just got some more in two weeks ago and have not updated the thread.The new lot has a date of mid 8/2016 from memory.I have a few updates to do and will en devour to do it tonight.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
rabucazz

Stu wrote:All new birds get an on the thigh treatment of Avimec while quarantined as an ASM treatment.

Do you Avimec for air sac mite? Does it do the job? I have one canary with ASM, as it's not that easy to find moxidectin plus I'm wondering if I can use Avimec (Vetafarm).

Return to “Finch Health”