Where to get ivemectin?

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Stu

Yes I have.
I believe it does.
Moxidectin Plus (drench) is available through AFF via gomer. Get it here!

The drench (Moxidectin Plus) via gomer, is obviously manufactured to be ingested (Cydectin Plus).

Avimec is 1000µg/mL Ivermectin and Benzyl alcohol MSDS here and is applied to the bird and absorbed into the skin.

Scatt is a Vetafarm export product which is MOXIDECTIN 1000ug/ml and listed as Scaly Mite and ASM treatment.

Vetafarm

TAKEN FROM VETAFARM INTERNATIONAL SITE
Scatt
Not for sale in Australia- Export only
Scaly Face / Air Sac Mite treatment

Active constituents:
MOXIDECTIN 1000ug/ml

Directions for use:
Scaly Face: Apply in a single application 1 to 2 drops depending on the size of the bird (1 drop per 30g body weight), on the skin of the thigh. Treat all birds, re-assess in 21 days and re-treat if necessary. It may take up to six weeks for effects of the treatment to become noticeable.

Air Sac Mite: Apply in a single application 1 to 2 drops depending on the size of the bird (1 drop per 30g (1.05 ounce) body weight), to the skin of the thigh. For best results ensure re-treatment is carried out 3 to 4 times per year.

This product is not for sale to Australian customers but the good news is we are able to offer you Avimec as an alternative treatment

QUOTES FROM VETAFARM YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Paul1 year ago
in reply to Vetafarm

Also does Avimec treat air sac mites?

Vetafarm1 year ago
in reply to Paul

Hi Paul, Avimec it is not registered as a treatment for Air Sac Mite - Yet. But we export the exact same formula overseas for use on Air Sac Mite. Contact [email protected] for more information
Vetafarm1 year ago
in reply to Fat Jan

Scatt's active ingredient is Moxidectin, Avimec's active ingredient is Ivermectin. Both do a very similar job, although Moxidectin has a longer half-life in the birds blood (stays active for longer so requires less frequent treatments), however only Avimec is available for purchase in Australia, Scatt is export only.
rabucazz

Thank you very much for all the info.

I bought moxidctin plus today from a local vet. This is to be mixed up in the water, I particulary prefer apply the medicine on the skin of the bird, but It was the only one available. I hope it works.
Cacoonkitty

What about S76 It says it's an in water treatment for Airsac mites.....and to treat Mange ???. I'm assuming Mange is scaley face mites ? .....The active ingredient is ivermectin .....available from The Carlingform Vet surgery Dr Robert Marshal Avian Vet.
Myzomela

Just about any product containing either ivermectin or moxidectin will treat air sac mites successfully. Just make sure you buy a formulation that is safe to use in birds. These are usually the oral sheep/goat preparations or ones labelled for birds. Be careful using cattle pour-on products which are much more concentrated (at least 10x more concentrated).
Research; evaluate;observe;act

Return to “Finch Health”