Sick or molting ?

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
TailFeathers

What is spark made of?
Craig52

TailFeathers wrote:What is spark made of?
Try some Gatorade (sports drink),similar stuff. Craig
Tiaris

Electrolyte water supplement
TailFeathers

finchbreeder wrote:Can't see anything wrong with the cock (bird with orange cheek patches) that can't be explained by a feather pick or two in a crowded pet shop cage. The hen is sitting a little odd, but again could just be nerves at having a strange device (phone/camera) poked at her.
LML
I forgot to mention. If he's ok, then why are his wings below his tail? Isn't that considered wing dropping and is a sign of sickness?
Diane

If you have to wait for the arrival of any Spark or similar product I found this recipe in the internet a while ago. Also in this topic are a couple of other home remedy suggestions.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6897&p=54469&hilit ... yte#p54469
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The way a bird holds it's wings can be genetic. Like the way people stand. Or drooping wings can be a sign of illness. Like people drooping. Some birds/people have that "less than healthy" look. Its a nuisance I know but the way he acts, is he chiripping? hopping around? eating as well as she is?
LML
LML
TailFeathers

finchbreeder wrote:The way a bird holds it's wings can be genetic. Like the way people stand. Or drooping wings can be a sign of illness. Like people drooping. Some birds/people have that "less than healthy" look. Its a nuisance I know but the way he acts, is he chiripping? hopping around? eating as well as she is?
LML
He does everything fine except he just closes his eyes and squints a lot like he's tired. Otherwise he carries on eating, chirping and hopping and flying about like the other zeb.

Return to “Finch Health”