Fluffed up

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Davo2

Being on holidays, I have been able to spend a fair bit of time veiwing my gouldians. We have came off a week of hot days at 30+ But have had a bit of a cold snap the last few day with rain thrown in and noticed a few of my gouldians fluffed up. I kept a close eye on them today and caught one for closer inspection. There was no sign of soiled vent, no visible signs of mites, all birds were treated with S76 when they were placed in the new aviary, I have standard finch mix, herb mix, shell grit, egg shell, charcol and fresh greens in their diet. Would this fluffing just be part of the cold snap or should I be concerned.

Cheers
Ron
Lachlan1

Due to there being a lot of rain and humidity of late they may have coccidiosis or worms (early stages).
Craig52

I wouldn't worry about them Ron,fluffing up is normal in cool weather.They do it to keep the warm in,in hot weather you will notice that they are tight feathered to keep the heat out. Craig
Davo2

Thanks fellas and Ian who sent me a pm, I have started a treatment of baycox thismorning just to be sure.

Cheers
Ron

Return to “Finch Health”