sick finch

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
mattg

hi there ive just started out with finches recently and one of my gouldians the hen i sitting on her perch not moving much and is all fluffed up does neone know the problem with her?
Suerus

If the weather has been rainy or humid I would treat with Coccivet - Coccidiosis is common in coastal areas with Gouldians quite susceptible. But as she is a hen egg-binding could also be a possibility??. (I have only ever had one egg bound bird though - a star finch hen and she was on the floor of the aviary rather than perching - I caught her, gave calcivet in her water and kept her warm - she was fine )
I hope she improves for you - she may just not be coping well with the weather / stress ?? -being quiet and fluffed up is unfortunately a symptom of many conditions.
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

never easy to try and diagnose a bird, no matter if it is one of your own or someone elses.
what have your weather conditions been in the past few days? my birds arent moving around much at the moment due to extreme heat.
is she breeding? as sue said she could be egg bound.
there are so many different things that it could be.
if it were my bird I would place her in a hospital cage on her own. plenty of seed and fresh water, no greens though. keep the cage warm and raise the humidity level with a warm wet towel. then pray that mother nature is on your side.
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
gomer

Could also be worms.As the others said,Hard to diagnose without seeing and feeling the bird yourself.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches

Return to “Finch Health”