treatment air azc mite

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Jaanderson08

how do u treat air zac mite, is there a solution you can put into the drinking water
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sold here on forum...Moxidectin Plus
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Jaanderson08

great thank you, your a legend

James
Craig52

vettepilot_6 wrote:Sold here on forum...Moxidectin Plus
Yes but moxidectin without the plus will do the same thing,i'm sure gomer only has moxidectin in stock. Craig
gomer

Yes have moxidectin but not the plus pm if you want some.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Nye

Moxidectin will kill off the the airsac mite and most worms but not tape worm. But at what dosage ? {how many mm to the liter} and how long do you give it to them in their drinking water for.When would you follow it up with a second dose. Also don't you have to remove all the old perches brush etc and clean down the aviary? Oh the plus is for tape worm I believe.
Craig52

Nye wrote:Moxidectin will kill off the the airsac mite and most worms but not tape worm. But at what dosage ? {how many mm to the liter} and how long do you give it to them in their drinking water for.When would you follow it up with a second dose. Also don't you have to remove all the old perches brush etc and clean down the aviary? Oh the plus is for tape worm I believe.
Moxidectin can be applied to a bare spot,under the wing or on the back of the neck in its form out of the bottle for airsac mite at 1-2 drops for a finch and repeated for as long as the symptoms are there in an on for 3 days off for 3 and so on.
I have heard of people placing one drop in the birds mouth as these mites can and do hide in the air sacs where the treatment doesn't go if you use the on the skin method.
The dilution rate is 6ml to the litre of water for 3 days on 3 days off and so on in the drinking water until the symptoms have gone but you must remember that if one bird has it all birds need to be treated.
Aviaries can be cleaned and sprayed with an pyrethrin insect repellant. Craig

Return to “Finch Health”