Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel for Ornamental Bir

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
werty

Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel for Ornamental Birds 125mL

is this wormer safe for gouldians?
Craig52

werty wrote:Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel for Ornamental Birds 125mL

is this wormer safe for gouldians?
Never used it,have always used moxi plus not that gouldians are prone to tapeworms. I would be testing it out on some cheaper birds like zebs first but in saying that, some parrot finches and gouldians can't handle some wormers where zebs can. Craig
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used it for the first time back in May as a follow-up dose to Moxi. The finches, parrots and lorikeets I used it on didn't have any problems.

Will probably use it again, because I can get it for under $20 for the 125ml bottle. :)
Myzomela

Some people have found Gouldians very sensitive to one of the active ingredients in this product.
I would be wary of using it in this species, particularly in warmer weather.
Craig, I have been surprised by the number of gouldians I have found tapeworm in- not bad for a "non-insectivorous" species!
Research; evaluate;observe;act
Stu

Here is a link to Avitrol Plus which uses the same active ingredients.
Avitrol Plus
Note the composition and the statement under contradictions (you will find it written on the packaging also).
It only appears to be the one active which causes concern and the internet will tell you, by crop is ok but in drinking water is not.
Stu

And the composition of Aristopet Worming Syrup Plus Praziquantel for Ornamental Birds.
Active Ingredient: 10 mg/ml Levamisole hydrochloride equivalent to 8.48 mg/ml Levamisole base, 2 mg/ml Praziquantel
werty

Stu wrote:Here is a link to Avitrol Plus which uses the same active ingredients.
Avitrol Plus
Note the composition and the statement under contradictions (you will find it written on the packaging also).
It only appears to be the one active which causes concern and the internet will tell you, by crop is ok but in drinking water is not.
thanks stu, bloody legend :thumbup:

I will stick to veta farms worm out gel

Return to “Finch Health”