Anyone in Perth have Amoxycillan+Tylosin

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
mackstaa

Hi guys,
I had a blue gouldian diagnosed at Wattle Grove Vets via eye swab and Tim gave me Enrotril solution however the bird never responded positively to the drug.
I asked for Amoxycillan plus Tylosin which I know works with these symtoms that the bird had but Tim didnt have any.

Its now the other side of winter and I have another bird with the same symptoms eg. watery eyes and wet vent and a general weakness does anyone have any Amoxy/Tylosin they can sell to me as I tried Col @ the Pigeon company but he wouldnt give me a script over the phone.
I only need a little bit. Hoipefully someone can help
Thanks!
Mackstaa
BrettB

Just out of interest, what did the swab grow?
I am afraid I have no idea how to source Tylosin, but some of the other macrolides might be easier to access.

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isnt psittavette powder same or similar? Doxicycline? Can use for eye infections from memory. .is there a vet can confirm?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
mackstaa

She was diagnosed with Strep but he said it 'probably' has mycoplasma but he couldnt pick it up under the microscope.
Ive since read Enrotril or Baytrill as its called elsewhere isnt very effective against Strep but the vet said he wasnt too concerned with the Strep itself.
Also a concern is that it can bring on a yeast infection fairly fast.

Symptoms are watery eyes, wet vent, weakness, increased hunger, eventual death within a week or two.
Only effects birds with double blue gene.

Ive tried Tetracyclines before to no avail but not Doxicycline yet, Amoxy had been the drug of choice but a fellow bird friend gave me some a few years ago.

Ive just ordered online the Amoxy + Tylosin from Ladygouldianfinch.com and we will see if it actually turns up to the door.

In the mean time if anyone here has any It would be most welcomed!
Mackstaa
BrettB

This is a link to Enrotril's use in pigeons http://www.auspigeonco.com.au/Articles/baytril.html
It is mostly effective against Mycoplasm and Gram negatives, so it doesn't give good Strep cover.
Amoxycillin should be better for Strep.
Sounds like the diagnosis is unclear.

Hope things improve
Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin

Return to “Finch Health”