Air Sac ??????

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
lyn2233

Hi, Sorry another Air Sac question. I bought a pair of Gouldians 2 weeks ago and I noticed to day that they were sneezing I have taken them out of the aviary and put them in a cage and keeping them warm. I have looked at the Forum and on the internet and was wondering where I buy the treatment for them. I saw Scatt but can't buy it here and I want to try and get something as soon as possible to treat them before it is too late. Thanks for any help. :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Moxidectin...can get from forum...or any of its derivitives. ..ivermectin. .cydectin. .pig and sheep one....from vet usually. ..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
lyn2233

Thanks Vettepilot for the information.
matcho

Lyn,

Just make sure you use moxy plus...plus being the operative word.

If you had them in the aviary with other birds I would suggest you dose the whole lot just to be on the safe side..

Ken.
Craig52

Lyn, i noticed you said sneezing, not wheezing. There is a big difference between the two when it comes to airsac mite. Sneezing could be an allergic reaction to dust/pollen in their new surrounds especially this time of the year.
Wheezing due to airsac mites is a constant wheezing/hissy sound that can be audible to the ear when you catch the bird up or can be heard in a smaller cage.
If it's hay fever,there is not much you can do other than cut down the source of it if you can find it. Craig
matcho

Craig,

You are font of knowledge. :clap: Have just completed my moxy and baycox regime but they are still giving light cough/sneezes, was starting to get a bit concerned,but I am sneezing like buggery. Now I think I know why. My side wall covering up to the aviary is jasmine which is in flower and there is also a large murraya bush which the jasmine drapes over on the shed end of the aviary. They both flower around the same time. Smells great.

Cant get rid of either but will pay more attention.

Thanks

Ken.
lyn2233

Thanks Craig and Matcho I have ordered so e Moxidectin Plus hopefully be here in a couple of days. I have the Gouldians in a cage and heat lamp at night. They do make a noise but don't look puffed up but I will treat the whole aviary. Thanks again.

Return to “Finch Health”