Moxidectin Plus

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
lyn2233

Hi I posted last week about not sure if my birds had Air sac mite. I ordered Moxidection Plus which took about 10 days to come so I got 20mls of Invernectin from my local bird shop.I put 2 drops on the canaries necks and into the water in the aviary as too many finches to catch. The Moxidection Plus has come and will it be okay if I put this in the water for 24 hours or is it to soon after the treatment of the Iverinectin . Will it kill the birds by over dosing. Thanks.
shnapper20

hi the australian pidgeon company sells moxidectin, its ran by collin walker an avian vet. heres a link http://www.melbournebirdvet.com/common- ... ments.aspx
if you rang of emailed them Im sure they would set you straight. I personally would think it was ok but im not a vet.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know a well known birdo who doses moxi at 20ml per ltr for gizzard worm (apparently hardest to erradicate) with no ill effects...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

lyn2233 wrote:Hi I posted last week about not sure if my birds had Air sac mite. I ordered Moxidection Plus which took about 10 days to come so I got 20mls of Invernectin from my local bird shop.I put 2 drops on the canaries necks and into the water in the aviary as too many finches to catch. The Moxidection Plus has come and will it be okay if I put this in the water for 24 hours or is it to soon after the treatment of the Iverinectin . Will it kill the birds by over dosing. Thanks.
Yes it should be ok but remember to dose at 6ml to the litre of water. Craig
BlackCobra

Just remember moxi dosnt taste too good so add some Stawberry cordial.
shnapper20

Just remember moxi dosnt taste too good so add some Stawberry cordial.
now that sounds like a good tip, Im never sure if they have drank enough as they seem reluctant to drink.

Return to “Finch Health”