Questions re worming & air sac mite

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
davlee

1). Where can I purchase Moxidectin in Adelaide or via internet please?
2). Can worming be done too often with the products mentioned in the next question?
3). I have been using Aristopet bird wormer and Vetafarm wormout gel. Do either of these control air sac mite?

Thanks for the help,
Leonie
matcho

Leonie,

Get online and go to the site of Australian Pigeon Company in Melbourne run by Dr Colin Walker. They have Moxy Plus (make sure you stipulate the "Plus") which covers ASM and most worms. Its about 35 bucks or so for 125mls and comes via post.

Hope this helps

Ken.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't believe either of the mentioned products clear air-sac mite.

Directly contacting the Australian Pigeon Company as matcho suggested is your best option. I don't know what part of Adelaide you're from, but Camsal Aviaries here in the north usually has some Moxidectin in stock. They charge around $44 I think.
BrettB

Hi Leonie,

Aristopet pet wormer contains Levamisole (the Aristopet pet wormer plus has Prazi as well). This has no activity against mites.
Vetafarm worm-out gel contains Oxfendazole and Prazi, and apparently is only effective against worms http://parasitipedia.net/index.php?opti ... temid=2790

Moxidectin is effective against air sac mite and most worms, the plus (Prazi) is to control tapeworms.

Like all medication, if not used according to the directions they can have adverse effects.
I am not sure how often, "too often" is ;-)

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
davlee

Thanks everyone.
Moxidectin plus ordered. 125ml for $29.95 delivered.
Moe

ShaneGowland wrote:I don't believe either of the mentioned products clear air-sac mite.

Directly contacting the Australian Pigeon Company as matcho suggested is your best option. I don't know what part of Adelaide you're from, but Camsal Aviaries here in the north usually has some Moxidectin in stock. They charge around $44 I think.
Hi Shane,
I recently (2 days ago) bought Moxidectin from Camsal Aviaries and it is still $44.00
Cheers
Moe :)

Return to “Finch Health”