Kidney Disease - Gouldians

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Blue Cuban

I'm looking for experienced feed back regarding possible kidney disease in the below pictures.

There is a lot of pictures diagrams showing internal examinations of kidney disease with all the literature in the world but very little to no literature or pictures discussing what kidney disease may look like from the out side on a living bird prior to feathering up.

It was discussed on a international forum from breeders all over the world that this was in fact early signs of kidney disease...... What's your thoughts?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
Craig52

Looks like a bit of photoshopping to me with superimposed ferret faces. :shifty:
Blue Cuban

Craig52 wrote:Looks like a bit of photoshopping to me with superimposed ferret faces. :shifty:
As much as it looks like it it's highly unlikely from personally knowing the the owner of these photographs and the birds.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
arthur

Are they comparison shots? And what symptoms are they actually showing?

They all look a bit different to my untrained eye

Haven't seen Myzo for a while; or Gecko Dan . . They may be able to add some light

As a septuagenarian hypochondriac I have long given up reading the 'Doctor's Book' . . for humans as well as for birds :chicken:
gomer

I would think Kidney disease in three chicks in one clutch or even a flock would be rare.Then the age of the chicks as kidney disease is a thing that takes time.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Blue Cuban

Arthur these birds are now fully feathered up (juvenile colours). They show no sign of ill health and probably would be the pick of the bunch if looking to buy.
Their stool is showing good form with their alertness and wellness being as expected for a healthy bird.

I question their opinions and with the experience here I would like to think if they are correct someone from here may be able to confirm that this is a sign of bad kidneys.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Finch Health”