Worming birds with young.

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Jimenezl

COUNTRY CAPITAL wrote:Arthur, it seems Queenslander logic doesn't translate into the good ol US of A.
who would have thought that....
:
That's 'cause you guys talk funny down there...

I forget that your country is very large, with different weather patterns. I did think, from everything I read so far, that all Australians wormed their birds religiously. Obviously, I'm mistaken.
collector_and_buyer

Thankyou for the replies.The birds have not been wormed since purchase[all from the same breeder] in November last year.I have been lucky and all of the birds that I purchased have already raised young,thus posing the problem I have.I thought that they would not breed until this spring,but they proved me wrong.This is the reason that I would like to give them a round of worm medicine.My aviary is fully covered,but given the time and the fact they keep having young,i need some direction as to whether it is safe or not.Thanks.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

collector_and_buyer wrote:Thankyou for the replies.The birds have not been wormed since purchase[all from the same breeder] in November last year.I have been lucky and all of the birds that I purchased have already raised young,thus posing the problem I have.I thought that they would not breed until this spring,but they proved me wrong.This is the reason that I would like to give them a round of worm medicine.My aviary is fully covered,but given the time and the fact they keep having young,i need some direction as to whether it is safe or not.Thanks.
I worm mine with Moxi plus...when needed...hasnt affected any young to my knowledge :thumbup: are you positive they require worming? have you done poo samples? or are you just worming because its the done thing? :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
collector_and_buyer

No,i haven't taken samples,but as they have not been wormed since they were purchased and have been given livefood,i thought they would need worming by now.Just don't want to jeopardise any birds.My birds don't get any medication or additives,just good quality food,greens etc.

Return to “Finch Health”