Is bleach harmful

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
davlee

If I spray perches etc in situ without rinsing afterwards, will my finches be OK. The way my aviary is setup would make this the easiest way to treat the perches and floor.

Dave
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't you wipe everything down with bleach on a cloth? Then repeat the process with clean water? That is what I do to the avairy walls. The perches I use are mostly natural branches that I throw out and replace regularly.
LML
LML
Craig52

I agree with FB, though it's the fumes that are dangerous. When bleach dries all that remains is salt so it does need to be wiped back with a plain water cloth.
Craig
arthur

I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone and certainly not 'Davlee' . . probably a fair and reasonable question

But if you keep taking shortcuts until you find the minimum that you can 'get away with' . . you are on the borderline

You don't want to be like the guy who was training his dog to live without eating . .

Just about had him trained, when the dog died

Birds are completely at the mercy of their keepers
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's a fair question, as some things like coopex can be sprayed and left. Even though wimps like me chicken out on doing even that inside the avairy.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Health”