Red siskin eye issue help please

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
alvin

elferoz777 wrote: 06 Jan 2017, 17:31 Not sure what/if anything is wrong with this fellows eyes but i feel they should be open by now. Nest mates have nil issues and the eyes do not weep or have any marks.

Just need to know what may be wrong and what to do to fix it.
Hi, I just noticed that this birds crop has no seed in it, it looks like hand rearing food, or is this siskin being hand reared, someone said to me the only successful breeders with the red siskin are those who top up. The reason for my question is my red siskins go to nest, hatch young and loose them before fledging. They get a good diet.
elferoz777

No i ended up fostering him under a canary. His nest got over run with meat ants so he and his sister went under the canaries. After some chlorsig he ended up well and they both fledged. What you see in the crop is boiled egg with egg n biscuit.

As for red siskins ive never needed to top them up. If they survive the nights after the parents stop sitting they generally fledge unaided.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Finch Health”