White growths on tanimbar

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Rob

Update: I sent some photos in to a vet who thought it is sinusitis and not scaly face mites. I had to remove 2 hard lumps from it's nostrils and put it on antibiotics. It wasn't easy but I managed to do it without any damage, however it now has 2 huge holes where it used to have 2 neat small nostrils - poor thing's nostrils have stretched. I hope it recovers well. It is eating, drinking and darting around ok so that's a positive sign but it's still making the clicking sound. I've never seen anything like this before. I pulled the easier lump out first and it looked close to death, then as soon as I removed the second huge lump it came to life. It was in shock for a while so I put some heat on it and it seems to be coming good. I just hope that the vetafarm triple c works well enough. The vets in perth aren't that good or are too expensive. A better antibiotic would be good.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In Perth I would recommend any bird problem be addressed to the Murdoch University Vet school, as they do know their stuff better than most.
LML
LML
Craig52

Rob, to be honest and imo your bird will always be prone to sinus infections now due to the enlargement of the nostrils, dust and seed heads green and dry as well as seed husks and mites will be a problem.
You need to cull or place in a holding cage to live out its life and purchase a replacement if you want uninterrupted breeding. Craig :problem:
Rob

I will have to give murdoch vet school a go in future. Do you have a contact phone number?
You're probably right Craig. I've already got a spare so this one can rest up and I'll wait and see. Who knows maybe it might shrink up a bit as it heals.

Return to “Finch Health”