vitamins

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
diggles

can someone tell me the dose rate for solvita AD3 +E AND solaminovit want to add to my soaked seed thanks
Craig52

I use soluminavite on the birds sprouted seed at least twice a week. I rescued a large baby powder container,the one where you spin the cap to reveal the open holes. My sprouted seed is just dusted over the top and fed out, you will know if they are getting too much by the colour of their droppings (orange or yellow) if so cut back on the dusting.
There is no need to put in their drinking water except for sick birds in a cabinet maybe, if you have to just taint the water so you can see it is not clear as the longer it stays in water the more yellow it gets for some reason. Hope that helps. Craig
gomer

Im one of the ones that use it in the drinking water the liquid soliminavite . But the thing I do is have two separate choices, normal water or vitamin water available.I have it available most of the time but not always. I prefer the birds to choose what they want not make them take it. Although in some cases you may need to make the birds take vitamins if they are deficient.

I have previously dusted sprouted seed As Craig has mentioned. I bought a very large salt shaker from A cheap shop and and shaked it over the seed then just stirred it in before feeding out.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
diggles

ok thanks a lot i have just got some solvita and solaminovit boyh liquid i have just been putting a few drops into the soaked seed after it has sprouted and mix it in then feed it out i will keep an eye on thier droppings thanks again

Return to “Finch Health”