moxidectin plus

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
nicko

I purchased some moxidectin plus today (been using another product) but I have 1/2 the mixed quantity left over, I was hoping to use the left over to redose in 2 weeks, but will the mixed left over keep that long.
I'm using 6ml/L of drinking water
Craig52

nicko wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 11:01 I purchased some moxidectin plus today (been using another product) but I have 1/2 the mixed quantity left over, I was hoping to use the left over to redose in 2 weeks, but will the mixed left over keep that long.
I'm using 6ml/L of drinking water
If you keep it in the refrigerator it should ok, but for the amount you use 6ml is not much to do a new batch. I only single dose for 3 days, is it really necessary to dose again in two weeks. :problem: Craig
E Orix

The cost is minimal, why would you even consider holding it if you think there is even a remote risk.
Dispose of it and dose properly.
nicko

Craig52 wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 17:24is it really necessary to dose again in two weeks. :problem: Craig

Was told to by the vet to break the air sac mite life cycle
STUART WHITING

E Orix wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 20:43 The cost is minimal, why would you even consider holding it if you think there is even a remote risk.
Absolutely, couldn't agree more :thumbup:
STUART WHITING

For what it actually costs to me it just don't make sense in trying to keep it and use it in a fortnights time,

Yep it possibly could be ok in the fridge but to me it just ain't worth the risk in perhaps losing any of yer birds over a bit of naff Moxidectin for the sake of trying to save a few quid,

If any birds are lost over it you'd definitely be losing a lot more than just a few Quid / dollars :roll:
nicko

E Orix wrote: 13 Jun 2017, 20:43 The cost is minimal, why would you even consider holding it if you think there is even a remote risk.
Well that's why I was asking the question, it's not about the cost - it's that I've never used this particular product before.
STUART WHITING

nicko wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 10:11
Well that's why I was asking the question, it's not about the cost - it's that I've never used this particular product before.
Hi there nicko,

To be fair with you and in the nicest possible way I'd really not take the chance with it, as mentioned it may well be ok if kept in a fridge but for the small amount that might be left over from yer first use of dosage I'd much sooner just bin the rest if it's not gonna be used there and then from when you first knock up the medication.

Be lucky
mickenglish

Can members please advise the recommended dosage for Moxidectine plus? I have variously seen dosages from 2ml/litre to 6 ml/litre. Also, is it OK to keep the Moxidectin in the refrigerator? Stupidly basic questions I know but being new to this I want to get it right.
Regards
gomer

5ml per litre. If you keep the bottle you purchase it in the refrigerator expect a longer life span the the expire date.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches

Return to “Finch Health”