young painted male has weird patch on face

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
karlisa

004.JPG
hi, one of my males has a large patch on the side of his face that goes from beak to eye its a light brownish patch,ive taken a photo so hopefully you can see it,its the male .he is healthy in appearance and actions.i did have one death out of the blue last week but I didn't see anything on him we had the biggest thunder clap the night before so maybe that did it I don't know.any help would be great thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlisa on 14 Feb 2018, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
karlisa

sorry I tried to make it smaller
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like an injury...maybe from another bird...those bar type cages should never be used for finches imo..too many predators able to get at them... :thumbdown:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Looks like it could be scaly mite,painteds are prone to it. Moxidecton place in the water at 5ml/ltr of water will help as well as one drop to the bare skin on the back of the neck as well as one drop to the bare skin under each wing. You can also paint the effected area with a thin layer of moxi as well. Dont use moxidecton Plus Craig

You beat me Dave :D
karlisa

thanks for your replies I will take him out and have a better look another day,its 40 deg today so not stressing him out !!
thanks again

Return to “Finch Health”