Female Gouldian Finch seems very ill all of a sudden

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it is asm it may be too late...without seeing bird in person its hard to say..but mite meds haven't killed birds to my knowledge. .so a dose of scatt may help..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Maurizio

What I would do is isolate the bird in a hospital cage, apply a heat source. If you don’t have a hospital cage, then a bird cage. Just cover this with a towel to help keep the heat in.
If she isn’t drinking or eating, then she will be quite weak and dehydrated. In her condition, I would administer any medications. You need to buy some time, so the the bird regains some strength back. You’ll need to give her a drink of Vetafarm ‘liquid Spark’ solution with an eye dropper, directly to the beak. Alternatively you could use some Gaterade, with an eye dropper. You’ll need to make sure she gets a drink every hour or so, initially until you observe her drinking by herself. Hopefully once the bird become re-hydrated, then it’s hunger should return. Keep an eye on her every hour. Hopefully the bird makes it through the night.

Return to “Finch Health”