Dr Bachs

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Been meaning to share this with you all for a while now.....over the years Ive tamed a few Quarrions for my self and other people and early on in the piece I was told about Dr Bachs Rescue Remedy but all people "a racehorse trainer" apparantly its well known in the horse world as an excellent way to settle skittish horses.
So after a lot of research I decided to try it on nippy / nervous birds , usually a drop in the water or in urgent cases a drop stroked on the top of the birds head is enough to settle it down for handling.
Id totally forgotten about it until I bought home a very highly strung pair of Bourkes , the male had bashed itself against the cage wall till it was laying wings spread and screaming on the cage floor. In the water went the remedy and a blanket over the cage for half an hour then upon inspection the bird had settled down considerably.
I kept up the remedy for a day then added vitamins to the water for a few weeks and the bird has settled right down.
Thought this could help someone in the future with skitty birds or even when moving house and such , anyway Im sure theres plenty of info on the net about it ...oh even works on hypo kids and over tired grand kids lol even use it myself on those blah days.....
Oh cant overdose on it , is all natural and completely safe .... :D
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Finch Health”