Gouldian finch leaning to the right

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Karen

Hi there

For the last few weeks my male Gouldian has been doing a lot of leaning to the right side when sleeping or resting. At first I thought he found it to be a comfortable position and was really relaxed but the lean is more and more pronounced and he seems to lean sooner after moving to different perch etc. I haven't noticed any other issues, except that this morning, for the first time that I have seen, he also had his left leg tucked up a bit while leaning. He is still eating and singing and seems to move around ok.
I tried to attach a photo but the file is too big, but I could email it to anyone interested.
Any thoughts appreciated.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you caught him and examined the left foot and leg? To see if there is any damage that could be causing this?
LML
Karen

Sorry so late, I thought I had set it so I would get an email if someone replied to my post...

Ummm, caught him :lafhard: Not something I have managed to do. He panics so badly... He seems to be using both feet and legs normally. I'm starting to think again that he must just find it to be a very comfy position...??

Return to “Finch Health”