Painted finch

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Devito2

Does this finch look sick? and if so what do you think it is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She does look a mite unhappy. Does she get natural sunshine? Does she have access to clean grit? A dish of Charcol and cuttlefish chunks is always a good idea with Painteds. Could she be eggbound? As he looks fine I am asuming they are not in a cold breeze.
LML
Devito2

I brought her 1 month ago, and she has all of what you said above, so I decided to isolate the pair from the aviary amd work what the hell is wrong with her.
elferoz777

doesnt look great

if it survives the cold its a tough bugger but chances are it may pass
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As you are obviously doing all the right things - sorry can't come up with anything else accept, have they been wormed in the time you have had them?
LML
Craig52

Heat straight away, hospital box set at 28 to 30 degs c if not you will lose her. Can i ask what is in the water container.
When she comes good slowly drop the temp to ambient temps over a few days, supply clean dry seed and cool clean water as often as possible.
Get rid of that horrible cage, sick finches like to sit directly on a solid timber floor in particular painted's.
Devito2

Vetafarm Bird Soluvite D is in the water, and it must be a Strong bird cause it’s Been like that for a month now. I gave it some turbo boost and heat. I think it may be worms.
karlisa

hi devito2
i also had a male aurora who was stunning and he was puffed like yours for about 6 weeks, eating and drinking, and seemed not too bad.i tried apple cider vinegar, coccivet and sulfa 3 and lastly moxi plus wormer and nothing improved him,he passed just yesterday,i was really annoyed as i dont know what was wrong either and he had been a strong beautiful bird all along.now on the lookout for another cock for my hen.probably shouldve wormed first !!
Gympie birds

I also have a question in regards to a sick painted mine has a grey bump or mass on the upper bill. Has anyone heard about this issue before ? To answer the question I have bred painteds before what is the age of the bird ? It looks old to me as I had my older birds sit like that there is nothing wrong with it to my knowledge but it will not bred. Thanks for your time Gympie birds.
Craig52

That sounds like saley mites and painted's are prone to it on the bill. Moxidectin or moxy plus will kill the mites by applying directly to the area as well as one drop to the bare skin under the feathers on the back of the neck or one drop under the wings on the pits applied straight from the container. They will preen this area so if they ingest it it won't hurt them.
This should be done to all birds that have contact with this bird.
Craig

Return to “Finch Health”