Eggs Foods

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
regalado95

Hi everyone I was wondering if you can share with me your best egg food I just started breeding finches I used to breed Canaries, but i slowly lost interest in them but not with finches I will always breed this little guys so please share with me
(">
()_)
/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxMFojl9yE
gomer

sorry,i dont use egg food!
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

simplest one Ive seen is boiled egg and raw unsalted sunflower kernels....looks easy but I havent tried it since the only finches of mine that touch egg food are the hungry gutted gold finches .....
http://www.finchinfo.com/diet/index.php this site has the recipe and a load of other useful info .....hope it helps
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
mrsmacka

My egg food recipe is similar to the canary egg food. I mix 3 scoops egg & biscuit, 3 X Farex, 1 X wheatgerm, 1X SLA ( from health food shop), 3 X milk powder & 3 X Vetafarm hand rearing powder together. I mix them all up in a chinese take away container. I then put a boiled egg through a sieve with the powder mix I puu enough powder in that it is not so gluggy that it sticks into a lump but is nice & crumbly without being too dry. I feed a good pinch daily & it will keep in the fridge for a few days. Gouldians absolutley love it once they acquire a tate for it
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cant help you with this as I dont feed egg food to my birds
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Diane

gomer wrote:sorry,i dont use egg food!
mickp wrote:cant help you with this as I dont feed egg food to my birds
thought egg food was recommended when the birds have young, or am I :? or this this a personal choice?
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i think there is a bit of differance in egg food and soft food. i feed my softbills softfood which contains egg, bread crumbs and insectavore mix (smells horrid). but thats as close as my finches get to it. egg and buiscut i think contains egg and farex or arrowroot buiscut finely broken up to make a dry mix. but its all down to the breeders preferance.(also your birds my over indulge and become obese) there are a few types softfood/ egg food on the market......thank god its friday i am having a hard time spelling .... need another bourbon.......pete

Return to “Diet & Food”