Perth Finch Seed

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Hamermike1965

I buy my seed from Better Pets in Wangara. 20kg for about $70 and my birds seem to use most of it. i was getting it from City Farmers but they changed their mix and my birds would waste half of it. Cheers Michael
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have been buying Redman and Thompson seed which was working out at $2.40/kg but this latest batch has wheat and kalo in it. So now I will be changing. Not paying for seed finches cant eat in a finch mix.
LML
LML
Craig52

Hamermike1965 wrote:I buy my seed from Better Pets in Wangara. 20kg for about $70 and my birds seem to use most of it. i was getting it from City Farmers but they changed their mix and my birds would waste half of it. Cheers Michael
Are you really paying $70 for 20kg of finch mix, my usual price i pay is $35 for a really good mix so i would get 40kg for $70 or is it a WA thing :shock: Craig
Rob

Craig52 wrote:
Hamermike1965 wrote:I buy my seed from Better Pets in Wangara. 20kg for about $70 and my birds seem to use most of it. i was getting it from City Farmers but they changed their mix and my birds would waste half of it. Cheers Michael
Are you really paying $70 for 20kg of finch mix, my usual price i pay is $35 for a really good mix so i would get 40kg for $70 or is it a WA thing :shock: Craig
WA seed is normally around low $50s for 20kg finch mix seed. $70 is the highest I've heard of. The last few I've paid $48. Their is no price discount for multiple bag purchases anywhere that I know of. Thats why I comment. Goes without saying 20kg is easier to lift. Larger amounts used to be cheaper but not anymore. Dunno why the price is higher, it used to be around your mark around 20 years ago
MuzzaD

West Aust seed is much dearer than the Eastern States as most of it has to be shipped over from there. It is dearer to transport west than the other way. I still find the better seed mix comes from the main bird sellers e.g. Swan Valley birds & Bird and Fish. If a member of the FSWA, Tony T has a well priced and excellent mix. Price here varies between $54 and $65. Depending on mix etc.
I also think if we wish to keep the bird shops in business then we need to support them with their other products.
MuzzaD

Return to “Diet & Food”