Finch food

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Ajw132

I'm new to finches Gould star painteds cordon ruddies I feed them finch mix green and grains and panic and have just started a mealworms farm I was given a small box of small parrot mix with fruit and nuts with vitamins and minerals is it worth mixing with the finch mix or give it away ?
fraudster

Doesn't hurt to mix it, but the seeds/ nuts etc would be too large for the finches anyways and probably won't eat them
T Adamthwaite

Hi Bro i feed my finches Red millet, Finch mix and plain canary all in separate dishes . As far as greens go i give them mixed salad leaves and mini spinach leaves, also egg and biscuit mix with some other sort of mixable food such as tummyrite or anything you may feel they may like probably trial and error till you find what your birds like everyones are different depends what they were fed on from where you bought them but try everything as far as aussie finches go i dont give them a lot of live food only mealworms and mine only seem to eat them mainly when they have young in nest so when you see them eating more you will know they have young . I also give them grass seeds they go crazy every day they always wait for me to give them fresh seeds and some even land all over me to get them i have approx 200 finches the grass is actually called newcastle grass or guinea grass but i believe its newcastle grass. Hope this helps. tony
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take the seeds from the small parrott mix that are too big for the finches and shoot it in water. Then feed as green shoots. They will love it. Greens are the most important part of your finches diet in my opinion.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

Don't give the finches the large seeds from the parrot mix, their mouths are too small.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Diet & Food”