Fonio Paddy

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

STUART WHITING wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 19:05
vettepilot_6 wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 08:39 Stuart. ..I bought my last lot of fonio out of UK :thumbup:
How did yer get on with using it Dave, did yer actually find it beneficial for yer birds and were there some species that perhaps took to eating the seed more than others ,

I'd be definitely interested to know any out come and experience you may have Dave with using this seed :thumbup:
Been using it as per directions. .but initially mixed with small amount of sprouted seed then slowly reduced that...now its in with green seeds and nothing left by end of day....last few months have had a lot of rain including flooding in aviary couple of times. ...so far no losses and none with any signs of being off colour ... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
STUART WHITING

vettepilot_6 wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 21:32
STUART WHITING wrote: 15 Nov 2017, 19:05
vettepilot_6 wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 08:39 Stuart. ..I bought my last lot of fonio out of UK :thumbup:
How did yer get on with using it Dave, did yer actually find it beneficial for yer birds and were there some species that perhaps took to eating the seed more than others ,

I'd be definitely interested to know any out come and experience you may have Dave with using this seed :thumbup:
Been using it as per directions. .but initially mixed with small amount of sprouted seed then slowly reduced that...now its in with green seeds and nothing left by end of day....last few months have had a lot of rain including flooding in aviary couple of times. ...so far no losses and none with any signs of being off colour ... :thumbup:
We'll definitely sounds promising Dave, funnily enough I actually took the trip today over to the shop of where I can get the Fonio paddy and put in an order for some as soon as they get it in,
I basically wanna try to get me birds used to it during this winter so by the time next summers breeding season commences the birds should be used to eating it and hopefully not experience any problems with coccidiosis,

Saves me having to use sulphur drugs if this wander seed happens to work :thumbup:

Today I just went over and picked up some quality egg food that actually has dried shrimp in it :)

image.png

Return to “Diet & Food”