Peas,carrot and corn

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Krebsj

How is the best way to feed peas,carrot and corn when blended, blended after cooking ?, as a mash with sprouted seed so a little water added or supplied dry in a bowl ? and how often replaced in the bowl.

thanks
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put carrot in the food processor along with leafy greens and and a few scoops of egg and biscuit mix. Separately, I blanch whole peas and then add them to the completed mixture.

With corn, I serve it on the cob—either suspended (for the parrots) or split in half length-ways (for the finches).
arthur

If you are referring to the 'diced carrot-peas-corn' mix that you can find in the frozen section of most super markets . .

One quick pulse in the blender, just to open things a little and gradually mix with whatever soft food they are used to

Most finches soon take to it . .

Basically what Shane said
CathyCraftz

Finches don't mind something a bit mushy but I imagine that finches will flick bits of vegetable everywhere when they eat them dry in a bowl. As a general rule fresh vegetables and fruit will have to be removed and/or replaced after a maximum of three to four hours to prevent finches from eating food that has gone bad. If you don't opt for a blend, chop the peas, carrot and corm very finely to avoid a lot wasted. When I accidentally chop spinach or apple for my zebras too big (they don't accept anything else), they just flick the pieces everywhere and I usually find dried stuff in weird places when I clean their cage.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
mr skeeter

when i was using peas,corn,and carrot i would blend it with chick starter then mix it with my sprouted seed and freeze it in separate containers and placed in the freezer. this way it would last around 4/6 weeks. cheers mick

Return to “Diet & Food”